Sunday, August 1, 2010

SaLu Spa

I decided to indulge myself while in the Salt City capital of Germany! I had heard so many good things about the salt spa in town that I decided to take advantage of a free day and hit up the spa.  Boy am I glad I did!

I made appointments the day before for a massage and a Softpack Thalasso treatment.  When I got there on Friday I decided I wanted to add another treatment, the Flotarium treatment, because how many times am I going to get to come here? So the very nice woman at the desk informed me for twenty dollars less I could get all three treatments, with a longer massage, and a full day ticket to the saunas and the pools, and a ticket for a free lunch at the sauna bar.  I was given a robe and told to go on back to the spa.

I headed back and changed into my spa and put all my belongings in a locker. I walked to the spa area and immediately felt relaxed due to the light music and surroundings.  I was greeted by a receptionist and told to follow her to my massage.  I had a male masseuse and felt very uncomfortable at first being naked in a all nude spa but eventually got used to it.  The massage felt like heaven and I completely understand why some people get them frequently.  I then headed off to the Eucalyptus Sauna.  It had Eucalyptus oil being infused with the steam and the smell assaults you when you first walk in because it is so strong.  After a couple minutes though the smell goes away.  It felt wonderful to sit in the heat! I then showered and made my way to my next treatment which was my Softpack Thalasso treatment.  Boy was this a treat! The woman took a paintbrush and "painted" this detoxifying clay all over my body.  I was then told to lay on this table.  She then covered my from shoulders to feet with a piece of plastic.  Then I was cocooned in more plastic and then again in heavier plastic.  She then asked if I was ready and after I said yes she pushed a button and the bottom of the table dropped out from underneath me.  The "tub" then began to fill with water and I was surrounded by water (the plastic on top of me was part of the bed as well).  It was a weird feeling to be completely weightless  while not touching water.  The water was warm and the clay smelled really good and it was only a matter of time before I fell into a deep relaxation and even fell asleep for a few minutes.  When my 30 minutes were up I washed off the clay and was sad that the treatment was over.

I then treated myself to the free lunch at the sauna bar. I got a salad with lots of veggies and a good vinaigrette dressing and fresh squeezed orange juice.  It felt refreshing to eat a meal without bread included in it.

I then headed to the Bio Sauna which was just as nice as the Eucalyptus sauna.  It had panels of warped blue plastic with blue lights behind it that mimicked a waterfall.  There were also lights on the opposite wall that put colored tints on the sauna.  It changed between blue, red, yellow, and green.  There was also tropical rain forest music playing on the speakers.  It was very relaxing.

Then I headed to my last treatment, the Flotarium.  It was my favorite treatment but they were all so amazing! I was taken to a room with a big sea shell bath tub in it.  It is easier to show you than try to describe this so look below at the picture.


The tub is filled up with salt water that is saltier than the Dead Sea.  The top of the sea shell closes when you get in.  You feel like you are in a different world once the stars lights are turned on on the lid of the shell.  You could not sink even if you wanted to which made the experience so delightful.  There was no effort to stay afloat and the underwater music was very soothing while looking at the stars.  This treatment last 30 minutes as well and time went by way too fast!

After all my treatments I headed over to the outdoor pool to soak in some sun.  After that my day at the spa was completed and I headed home very relaxed!!!!

2 comments: