Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hamburger Kunsthalle

Today I had a fieldtrip to Hamburg to visit their art museum.  For my Survey of Art class I had to pick an era of art that I wanted to learn more about and give a presentation on it.  I choose Expressionism and did my presentation in class this past Monday.  Today we went to the Kunsthalle (art museum) to see the works of artists that we have been talking about for the past few weeks in class.  We saw everything from early Romanticism to Impressionism, Realism, Surrealism, Cubism, Expressionism, and Neo-Classicism.  It was a wonderful experience.

I have absolutely fallen in love with the Expressionist works of art.  They are so vivid and emotionally challenging.  They dare the viewer to come up with their own story behind to picture or images.

I am lucky enough to say I got to see artists such as Picasso and Van Gogh today!


Here is an early Van Gogh:

The next two pieces are by my favorite expressionist painter, Edward Munch:


Here is a painting by Picasso (my favorite of his several pieces of work on display today):

And here is a sculpture by Picasso:


This was a great experience and I am glad I got to see these painters works! I am even more excited for the Louvre in France now to see some more popular works!

No comments:

Post a Comment