Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting excited!

I'm getting closer to my departure date (June 27th)! Yesterday I went to the AAA store with my mom while she booked our hotel for Paris! I am excited to not only study abroad but I'm also excited for traveling with my family! They are coming over after my time in Lüneburg and will be picking me up from there and we will be traveling throughout Germany and also Paris! 


I got my International Driver's Permit while at the AAA store.  It's exciting that I can drive while overseas.


Yesterday, I got an email from the housing department of Leuphana Universität Lüneburg.  I was informed that I have two options for housing during my stay.  One option is a residence hall suite on campus which I would share with 3 girls and 1 guy, all of whom are German residents the woman who emailed me thought.  My second option was an apartment in the city center of Lüneburg, which is about a 40 minute walk to campus.  I will be sharing the apartment with one American girl and one Korean girl and an American guy will be downstairs from me.   I emailed the woman at the university back today and informed her that I would like to live in the apartment in the city center.  I picked this option because of the location, it is about two blocks from the river and one block from the government buildings.  The downtown location will be absolutely beautiful and full of places to roam.  The buses in the city are very reliable, or so I've been told by several sources, and I plan to purchase and sell back or rent a bike while there.  Therefore, I do not see the commute to campus as an issue.  I am looking forward to going on adventures in the city and going to farmers markets (I've been told they are great in Lüneburg and all of Germany).


I am starting to write down all the things I still need to do and buy before I go.  The list was several items long when I first started thinking about it.  However, now that I am trying to write it down, I can't remember all I was trying to keep in my mind last week.  I am learning to write it down as I think of it but I still think I am forgetting important items.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing Christy! I can't wait to read all about your travels. I did a blog while I studied abroad and it was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://eliseenfrance.blogspot.com/

    I used the same one!
    BOOO-YAH!

    ReplyDelete