Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Too Many Lists

As I near my departure for Germany, my notebook is filling up with many lists.  I have lists of things to do before I leave, lists for things to buy before I leave, lists of clothing to pack, lists for toiletries to pack, lists for what to pack in my carry on, and lists of things I need for my classes at the University.  I need a list to keep track of my lists! Its too much! I tackle my lists for about 5 minutes at a time or I get way too overwhelmed and then get a brain freeze and can't think of anything!

I am getting really excited to leave and hope all my flights over to Berlin go as planned.  The only thing I'm absolutely nervous about right now is that I'll be delayed from Chicago to JFK or the JFK flight to Berlin will be canceled.  My fingers are crossed for a problem free day of traveling.

My iPhone is now capable of making calls from overseas! Mom and I visited the AT&T store today and signed up for the World Traveler plan which is only $5 a month plus the cost of calls.  This is a great option because now I can call home immediately when I get to Berlin to tell them that I am there and okay.  I can then find a cheap pay as you go phone in Germany for local calls and contact with other study abroad students and friends that I have co-oping in Germany.

I bought a new camera yesterday! YAY! My old camera was having issues and wasn't very reliable so Mom and Dad thought best to buy a new one that I can count on! My choice is the new Sony HX5V! It has a good zoom without the huge size and has some great features. One feature I found really great for my upcoming travels is the iPanorama feature.  This feature allows me to "sweep" my surroundings and it makes a huge panoramic photo! Also, the GPS feature is wicked cool! The camera stamps the GPS coordinates into the info of each picture I take.  Then, if I forget where I took a photo, I click on the pictures information on my computer and it brings up a satellite map and shows exactly where I took the photo! Great for traveling! There are some awesome other features also but I do not want to bore you all!

I will be setting up an online photo gallery within the next few days for everyone to see my photos as well! I'll post the link on here when I get it up and running!

12 days till take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment