Friday, July 9, 2010

Beautiful Town

During this last week, I started to realize just how beautiful this town really it.  It may be on the smaller side but that is just fine with me.  There is all the shopping I could possibly want (everything from H&M to a department store) and it is all so gorgeous.  Back home, everything has new architecture and new facades all blend together..  Here, the charm of the old architecture is just breath taking!


This picture was taken from Am Sande.  It is of some store fronts and St. Johannis Church in the background. Isn't this beautiful? And if that's not enough, the entire town looks this beautiful.

The first week of classes went well.  My German course is going to be interesting since I am the only student in the class.  It is more like having a private tutor and my professor realized I know more German than the Survivor German course teaches so she bumped up the level.  My Cold War course is going to be challenging because of the amount of detail and so will my Survey of Art course.  The art course though is much more interesting than learning about war.

Today, the group hiked up to the top of this rather large hill and took aerial photos of the town.  It was an exhausting hike up the hill and stairs but the view was well worth it!


After this adventure, we decided that 90 degree weather was to hot to just sit around so we headed to the Freibad (the pool).  There are two pools, a lap pool and a kids pool with a slide.  The slide was so much fun and the water was so nice and cold! 


Tomorrow, I am headed to Luebeck and Travemuende.  I am excited to finally see a beach with the wicker basket huts which you sit in to shade yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment