Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Learning My Way...

After being here for a little over a week I am starting to learn many things.  Public transportation has always scared me for some unknown reason.  However, being here in Lüneburg has made me face that fear and I am learning to love public transportation! I especially like that I get to just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery and not have to be on alert while driving.  I am also starting to learn to enjoy every detail of the architecture in this beautiful town! Being here makes me feel like I have transported back in time.  The buildings, churches, and the view of the restaurants on the river are absolutely magnificent! I am going to miss the absolute beauty of Lüneburg when I return to Ohio.  Never in the United States will you find a place anywhere near as beautiful as here! 


I am also begining to fall into a pattern since moving here.  Remembering that businesses close early and that people start eating gelato at ten in the morning are just some things that I have gotten used to.  I am thankful for the gelato as a way to cool down during these very hot (over 90 degrees and very humid) days! 


I am learning to enjoy time by myself and learning new things.  Every day is an adventure here.  Whether it is trying to communicate with a locals or figuring out a map, I am learning to trust my instincts more.  This weekend will be a great indicator of how my instincts are.  I will be heading to Hamburg by myself for an overnight trip.  I am scared and nervous at the same time! What if I get lost? What if something goes wrong? I keep asking myself these things and trying to think of every possible scenario but I have finally decided that I can't waste time thinking of these things and I need to just go and have fun! If things don't work out then I'll play it by ear and figure it out as I go! I plan on seeing The Lion King while in Hamburg and am so excited to see my favorite Disney movie and Broadway ever! 


I will update you on Hamburg when I get back! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are starting to work out. Enjoy your trip to Hamburg! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying Germany. It IS a beautiful country.
    Have fun in Hamburg!
    isa xx

    ReplyDelete